Customer Symptoms:The first call of the day was from a homeowner who lived near the Creative Planet School of the Arts. She had reported smelling sewer gases as she was getting her children ready for school, so they left the home and she called us right away.
Issue:We explained to the homeowner that sewer gases could cause serious health dangers and that she did the right thing by leaving and contacting a professional. The technician met with the homeowner back at her residence and used an inline camera to locate the issue.
Resolution:The technician saw that the pipes leading up to the property underground were corroded. Unfortunately, they were so damaged that the technician would be forced to replace the system. However, the technician also explained to the homeowner that he would do so by digging a small trench on either end of the pipe, blasting out the old system and replacing it with a new one, thus leaving little damage to the homeowner’s property. The homeowner agreed and was pleasantly surprised by the technician’s efficiency and respect for her yard.